Monday, May 10, 2010

Mother's Day! Tomato Pasta with Basil and Garlic - Take Two!


(Sorry for the horrible photo quality - it was taken from my blackberry)


Post from baby butta, Meredith:

Last month we made Tomato Pasta with Basil & Garlic. It was soo good that I wanted to make it for my family for Mother's Day. I followed the recipe exactly as we made it from mama butta but made mussels and shrimp instead of italian sausage.

It was a big hit and my family loved it!

For the shrimp and mussels they were sauteed with wine white (Two buck chuck from Trader Joe's of course!), butter and garlic. Put all ingredients in a skillet and then place the lid on. The mussels are ready when they pop open and the shrimp are done when they are pink. *I wish I could take credit for the whole meal but my little brother handled the seafood.

Hope everyone had a wonderful Mother's Day and thanks to my mama butta for leading the way so I could impress my family and celebrate my mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment